[J24 ListSrv] J/24 April News Letter

Randy Gould Randy.Gould at RyanCompanies.com
Sat Mar 26 11:12:28 CDT 2011

J/24 Interested Sailors:

Lots of news while we wait out our second winter frost...

Boat are Holding Strong!
Over the winter we have gained a few and lost a few due to relocations.  All in all we are the same boat count at a Fleet of 15 with a little more competitive group.  Get those programs started early and trained.  We look forward to a very competitive year on the water with a lot of opportunity to spread the hardware around.

 *
New Programs: Welcome Dave Heisserer who just purchased Jazz.  We will look forward to supporting his program and get him up and running with the fleet.

 *
Rested and Returning: Fun Tina and Matt on USA1250, Timmy O on USA2614, Gotcha (Was he really ever out sight or out of miind???) and the Unstopppable Jerry on USA5008 Usual Suspects.  Welcome back teams - it will be great to see you on the water again!

Prep Gun Sounded!
WYC Schedule is posted and we are about a month from a fleet launch scheduled for the weekend of April 30.  Let us know your interest in help and assistance to put that boat on the lift.

Well, We asked for it...

 *
2013 J/24 US Nationals here on Lake Minntonka. Yep, Tim had some extra time and put together the bid, after our friends at USJCA asked to come back... WE ARE IN for a May/June Regatta 2013.   It's a ways off, but never too late to get everything in place for an easy spring kick-off.  Look forward for further details.

 *
Strength growing in District 15.  Chicago is ramping up their program.  If you are interested, Tim has schedules for NOODs, Mini MAC, Verve and District 15 Championships... Alot happening in Chicago!

Training Programs.
There are a lot of opportunites to gain and grow skills this year.

 *
Fleet Training: T Cody has let us know that fleet training committee meetings are occuring and that we should start haring of options on organized training soon. We will see detains and options soon.

 *
Spring Crew Traing through WYC.  Great place to entertain the thought of picking up new crew by volunteering your boat and being an instructor.  Dates include May 8, 2010, May 15, 2010 and May 22, 2010.  It is also a potential warm-up for our starter programs.  http://www.wyc.org/Seminars/SpringSatOnTheWaterTraining/tabid/249/Default.aspx

Community is important...

 *
Be a friend.  We are going to ramp up the face book site this year.  Keeping it active with crew availability, J/24 Island parties and special events all caught on "film"  (keep those tops on!)  Stay tuned and better yet contribute.  Facebook addess: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=112871035421341

 *
We had a great turnout.  John is reorganizing his life after a strong comeback this winter.  Look for details on WYC.org for a fund raiser scheduled for April 23rd at 17:00.  See you all at the club.  Entry donation is $20. Call Val Petit to support as a volunteer.

New Season to Refresh our Cooler Funds...
You will be seeing invoices for Fleet dues  this week.  Send your payments to Chad.

All, thanks for the efforts at our party and getting organized for 2011.  We are looking forward to a fabulous year.  We all deserve it after a LONG winter.

See you on the starting line soon.

Randy Gould,
Fleet #1, Fleet Captain
USA5136, VooDoo