[J24 ListSrv] [J22-Fleet 1] A & E scow crew opportunity

Bert Foster Bert at apexq.com
Thu Apr 18 16:50:57 CDT 2013

Hi Rob,

Jason Ostbye is setting up a crew mentoring program for the MYC for skippers
like yourself willing to train someone. We probably have 50 to 75 people at
WYC who would love to crew on a Scow. Jonathan is developing some software
so that we can have Wayzata members sign up online, and MYC skippers will
also become $45 crew members of WYC can go in and get a look at these
people's credentials. Jonathan is then setting up a texting system so that
on a heavy air day a scow sailor could text a group of WYC crew people to
see who might be available to crew that day in the heavy air. This system
will also work for MCs and C Scows who need additional weight on heavier
day. I fully understand that now you have Terry foster to pull main at 150
pounds you need some big guys. Terry also knows a lot of the good crew a
WYC.

Suggest you contact Jason and volunteer to be one of his "MYC Mentor
Skippers".

Regards,

Bert