[J24 ListSrv] Fwd: [Fleets] Is There Any Appetite for Any of This?

Sean Delaney sean_p_delaney at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 14 16:09:23 CDT 2014

The Capri regatta and so now the Star of the North do a 'round the isle race. But they have an extra day for it.

I still enjoy W/L's, lakes are endlessly fascinating to sail even if the course sounds boring it isn't at all to me. I suppose if I lived in California I might feel different.  Doing W/L's also allows one to study and prepare for regattas.

To increase participation the club should hold races when it's windy and be more reluctant to cancel when storms might develop. WYC sailors often struggle in away regattas (which are often windy) because they have not been given the chance.

Sean

Sent from my iPhone