[J24 ListSrv] Thursday lift adjustment day

miller.m at mchsi.com miller.m at mchsi.com
Mon Apr 20 10:52:24 CDT 2015

J22 & 24 boat owners,

Don Anthony and his crane will be at WYC around 9:30 AM on Thursday April 23. He will spend most of the day to move all the lifts on the new D dock to their proper placement. All of them will for sure be moved in towards the main dock at least 2 feet, so the bow is closer to the main pier. The cost of this will be courtesy of WYC.

If upon moving the lifts it is obvious that the lift needs to be lowered or adjusted for proper leveling to the current water levels, the extra cost will be the Owners responsibility. Don will send you an invoice. The current water level is 2 feet lower than last June & July and you may need more travel down in case it is a dry year. This will be likely the only opportunity to get lift adjustments done by Don's crane until he completes the rest of his spring work.

Should any other 22 or 24 lifts wish to be adjusted or moved that are not on D dock, please let Steve know what needs to be done.
Both Steve and I will be there to assist Don with the moves and adjustments. Any owners wishing to help are also encouraged to be there with tools to make adjustment to your pads.

Steve is currently completing the power to D dock. He anticipates it will be done by the end of the week. New extension cords from your lift to the nearest power pedestal are likely needed. When you install the cord, remember to tack it up tight to the underside of the dock and finger, so they all look neat. This is the owners responsibility.
I am sure you will all agree the new docks are a huge improvement to our club.

Mike Miller
Dock & Grounds Chair

PS:
The annual cleanup day of the club is this Saturday starting at 8:30 AM. Come volunteer your help for a few hours to wipe away the winter grime and get it ready for the 50th Anniversary Season!

The Cool Cup Icebreaker for J22's and J24's is scheduled for May 16-17.