[J24 ListSrv] Weekend Recap. Spontaneous party planned for Thursday

sean delaney sean_p_delaney at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 18 22:51:46 CDT 2015

Congratulations to team Motorhome! Looks like they won another regatta and no doubt held their own at the party too. Tied for second at this year's Western Great Lakes Championship was the newly christened Bork Bork Bork owned by Corey Huesby, trimmer from The Situation. Context had about half the boats behind them, which must have been a confidence boost for that team. Maybe Josh would care to give a write up, many of us would be interested.

With the conflict of the Rumble this weekend, and my email not being received, we were happy to get two boats out for some tight match racing. Dave Breitner hustled up crew that morning to pit Usual Suspects against Bubbles, giving us a chance to try out our NA trimmer, Mike Miller. I want to thank Stephanie Powell, Matt Johnson and Eric Peterson who came out and made it happen. Both teams kept changing the helm amongst the crew, which was a good hearted experience.
Thursday after racing we will be having a party. It is a going away party for Shawn and Brynn Patterson. It will be an island party. There will be drinks, there will be appetizers, there will be grilled food. There will be colored lights, there will be dancing monkeys*. You will attend, you will have fun. You do not have to behave, you are on an island.
If so inclined, you could help to take Dirty Paws' mast down, or help with the party.
*Could someone arrange for the monkeys? My regulars are touring. I have always found them key in making a party memorable. Pretty helpful in movies too. I suppose a nephew or something in a gorilla suit might do in a pinch, but I think Brynn for one would be more impressed by monkeys.
SeanSocial chair, err Fleet Captain