[J24 ListSrv] Gustavo Pinto Island going away Party Thursday.

sean delaney sean_p_delaney at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 31 00:21:13 CDT 2016

Cheers all,
Who wants to have an island send off party for Gustavo Pinto? The helm of "Bork, Bork, Bork" will be leaving with his kids to join his partner in her new job in North Carolina.
Gustavo has been a long time high level catamaran sailor who graced our fleet with an impressive talent as a trimmer.   However he is mostly noted for his calm demeanor in the heat of battle, as well as his mellow and complimentary attitude on the dock afterwords. Simply, he personifies the yachtsman that drew me into this lifelong sport.

He sailed for many years on Voodoo with Jane and Randy Gould, as one of the most squared away programs. And now he is helming possibly the greatest addition to the fleet. It has been a pleasure to be berthed with them as a couple of new programs enjoying an aprés-racing picnic.
Bork has been committed to being competitive while creating a wonderful time, I can't imagine what personifies our fleet more than that. So let's say hello to his new life. After all, I can't say if we are the most competitive fleet, or if we are the most fun, but I am fairly convinced, that in my time here, we have had the highest ratio of both. If you don't know that ratio, I imagine it looks like this; (Fast to Fun=The Win!),(=happy face). We will fire up some food on the island grill after the racing this Thursday. If you have any food or drink you'd like to contribute, I'm sure it would be appreciated. Rumor has it a Patterson or two will be joining as well, more smiley face.
Hope to see you there.
Best
Sean