[J24 ListSrv] Bob Slocum Memorial Regatta this weekend

Sean Delaney sean_p_delaney at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 14 15:18:46 CDT 2016

Heather and the club have yet another amazing event planned, join in.

Hello fleets,

Please join us with your boat at Noon on Saturday for the Bob Slocum Memorial Family Fun Regatta and Picnic!

This year’s event promises good weather and light winds, perfect for taking kids and novices out for a short-but-real boat race. Throw in a picnic, ice cream sundae bar and prizes, all for a small suggested donation to WCSC, and you’ve got the makings of something great!

We’re expecting a pretty good crowd this year, so plan on bringing your boat, inviting a few kids and novices, and picking up one or more walk-ins as well.

I’ll be at the club this afternoon/evening to provide info and “sign up” boats. It’s not a pre-registration--we do registration at the event (and it’s fun!) but at least I have a sense about who’s coming and can think about how to match up boats with people who will be walking in….

Note: the wonderful Ernie Brody has devised a scoring system that rewards you for having kids, novices, and many generations on your boat, and there are prizes for that—so if you’re all about the win, bear it in mind as you plan…;^)

Thanks to all who’ve supported this event in the past, and welcome to anyone who will come this year. It’s a lot of fun and we look forward to seeing you!

Sincerely,

Heather Fraser
Chair
612-715-0054
heather at pcspeed.com <mailto:heather at pcspeed.com>

PS Here’s a link you can share with family, friends and the public. Feel free to post it around: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bob-slocum-memorial-family-fun-regatta-and-picnic-tickets-26228443982?aff=es2 <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bob-slocum-memorial-family-fun-regatta-and-picnic-tickets-26228443982?aff=es2>

PPS Here’s the link to the WYC info page: http://www.wyc.org/Sailing/Regattas/BobSlocumMemorialFamilyFunRegattaandPicnic.aspx <http://www.wyc.org/Sailing/Regattas/BobSlocumMemorialFamilyFunRegattaandPicnic.aspx>