[J24 ListSrv] Finally... a fleet as COOL as you.

sean delaney sean_p_delaney at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 28 16:21:37 CDT 2016

Sailors,
It's only June and I feel blessed to be part of such an active fleet.
Despite being in last place this past Thursday, I was led to believe there was no one in front of us as we headed to the finish in a dying breeze, and then bam, out of the congestion comes the rightful winner. Congratulations to Dave, Jake, Terry and you know... the Usual Suspects who despite three bullets in five races were only two points ahead of Danger. Awesome sailing teams!
The (G)in is a start but it really needs it's (T)onic to be complete, the T-Series starts this Thursday. Only half the Thursdays left, don't miss a one.
The weekend before, the fleet was kind enough to organize and hire Luke Lawrence to teach us a thing or three. Luke jumped on his first J/24 for only three weeks, and helped guide his team to a National Championship and a World Title. He simply knows how to make a J/24 go faster than you do, and faster than everyone else.
A special thank you to Joshua Bone who helped organize this event along with our A Series Party. Thanks to Billy and Chad for coaching, Jon Monson for lending advice and driving the coach boat, Mark puariea for taking photos in a gale and Joel Ronning for lending the coach boat and housing Luke, and if he lent Luke the Porsche again, thanks for that too.
A-series party was great. Billy unveiled his smaller scow bar, then tended drinks with stories of his sailing past, THAT, was priceless. Bernie organized a salad party that was out of this World delicious, yet perfectly hitting the spot on this scorcher of a weekend. Thank you to all who brought a salad or a bottle, I considered it a great success.
Reminder, no J/24 racing this weekend or for the week of the 4th. If you need to race, we are moving the party to Bayfield, you should come.
Mark this date now: Rumble Aug 21, 11AM  It is our only real Rumble this year so let's all plan on attending. I will do my utmost to make it worth it.
Because you read to the end I will provide you one golden Luke nugget, "Own your job"...Now don't lose that.
Sincerely,
Your Humble Feet CaptainSean Delaney