[J24 ListSrv] **WANTED** Crew and Race Comittee

sean delaney sean_p_delaney at yahoo.com
Wed May 11 16:15:41 CDT 2016

Welcome back all,
CrewingIt seems to be generally agreed that racing starts tomorrow. Yet here you are without a ride, dreading that walk down the dock, reminding you of being picked late for the kickball team. If you are not secure in your position, I need crew, others need crew, you need to meet us. If you are temporarily available or looking for a long term position we have openings for tomorrow and this weekend.
Race CommitteeWhen I was young, my Summer mornings consisted of watching TV until I got into 'I Love Lucy' reruns, and knowing my mother was about to insist I "go outside!" I'd don my bathing costume, grab a fishing rod and a tennis racket, tiller extension and head to Long Island Sound to fritter my seemingly endless days away with the rest of the idle class. Look at me now. If you don't want your kids to be like me, then I'd suggest a summer job, the BEST summer job actually. Don't you wish your young trunk/bikini clad self, had popped out to the the yacht club a couple days a week for a few hours on a boat? I'm sure the work would have served us well.
We have positions for students and someone else, maybe yourself? Plan at least one day a week but this is an active club, so many more are available. Or to try it out, consider volunteering at a regatta.
Good luck and be safe.
SeanFleet CaptainJ/24 #1