[J24 ListSrv] Thank you to our 1st Fleets - J/22 and J/24!

Randy gouldrandys at gmail.com
Mon May 16 18:01:16 CDT 2016

All:
What a weekend… this is one of the reasons why we have such a great club; it’s because we can offer a premium racing event, with strong competition, and good times on shore.

Thank you to our Race Management, our chairs, assistant chairs, Jill for the food, and all the volunteers.  These type event makes for a great organization.

Regarding the Gould Cup, Jane and I got a big laugh out of that – Thank John!  But, the Gould who wins that award is Jane.  It was her idea for us to try a J/22 program and we had laughs all weekend.  So much fun on the water, a great sense of community in the fleet, etc… I  would be remiss if I did tell everyone it was her idea to try this out.  She is the better sailor of the Gould’s as anyone knows who has had on-board and where she makes every team better, and she is the one on the boat that always tells me to SMILE when things get tense.  To that point … it was giggles all weekend… thank you all for that and for making the WYC the best yacht club.

Best,
Randy S. Gould
Rear Commodore