[J24 ListSrv] Happy Spring- J24 Fleet announcements

sean hendrickson seamus.hendrickson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 10:07:53 CDT 2017

Hello Fleet 1,

With the first days of spring upon us and high school kids already starting
sailing practice I thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself for those
of you who don't know me and give a few updates:

I'm Sean Hendrickson, most of you probably know me by "Sean Man" I have no
idea who came up with that, even my wife calls me by that nick name is
usually awkward.  I have been a member of WYC since the 90's. We have had a
few boats over the years, starting out on a J22 in 1995, then around 1998
Petey Crawford, Dan Johnson and Myself purchased hull #334 the legendary
"Weasel" owned by Dan Sundquist part of the original J24's purchased from
John Gerdy our fleet founder in 1976. For the last few seasons I have raced
"Stay Thirsty" my E Scow out of MYC.  I have two kids that attend Orono
Middle school and sail for the Orono High school Spartans.

This Season I am chartering Motorhome, Josh and Bernie have a lot of
projects going on this summer, Bernie is building a new home and Josh is
spending time with his young family, they have graciously allowed me to put
together a fun summer program sailing with our family.   The E Scow has
sold, so I am excited to focus on the 24's.

Why is Sean sending me this email you may ask?  I am helping coordinate
communications for the fleet this season lending a hand to our new Fleet
captain Corey Huseby.  I am cleaning up the list sever data, working on
structuring a good communications flow and offering a hand where I can help
keep everyone up to date.  If you have any messages you'd like to shout out
please feel free to ask, or just go ahead and use the list server.

I am also acting as a fleet liaison for the J22's.  Once again the 22 Fleet
have invited all J24's to attend the Dave Cool Memorial Ice Breaker. This
is a great event to kick off the rust and get your team ready to rock for
summer. The dates are May 13-14  (WYC Schedule has it wrong) , generally
they try for 6 races. The regatta has some great sponsor, plenty of beer
from Lynlake Brewery and great food.  Registration here: Dave Cool Memorial
Ice Breaker <http://wyc.org/j22/RegattaRegistration.aspx>  Keep an eye out
for more updates we are going to offer some fun prizes and a special
contest for ALL J24's that register for the event, we want a great turn
out.

Quick Congrats to Team Danger! 1st boat out of the barn in the WYC parking
lot!!

If y'all have any questions or updates please feel free to reach out. I
will be sending out some more announcements in the next couple weeks

Sean

--
Sean A. Hendrickson
seamus.hendrickson at gmail.com