[J24 ListSrv] Upcoming Events

sean hendrickson seamus.hendrickson at gmail.com
Tue May 2 11:20:07 CDT 2017

Howdy Fleet 1-

I have a few announcements and dates,
WYC New Member Social- Thursday May 4th

We are expecting about a dozen potential new members from the Minnesota
Sailing Alliance, a Meet-up group focusing on water sports, outdoors
adventure, and sailing. This is the result of efforts by PHRF I Fleet
Captain Clay Babcock, who connected with this group and invited them to
join our New Member Social.

Pop, Beer and Wine will be served along with brats and salads. We are
looking for a mix of boat owners, crew members and club officers to chat
with the newbies and answer questions about WYC.  Our aim will be to show
that crewing at WYC is one of the easiest, most fun ways to sail in
Minnesota!

*Saturday Mornings in May*

The best place for new sailors to test the waters and for experienced
sailors to practice race course skills and for boat owners to pick up new
crew.

*May 6, 2017*: Practice luffing, overtaking and mark roundings on a short
course, perpendicular to the wind.

*May 13, 2017*: Practice starts at 3-minute intervals. More starting
practice than most skippers get in an entire season!
*May 20, 2017*: See demonstrations of packing and flying a spinnaker, then
participate in the Graduation Cup race around Big Island. Trophy awarded
after the race

Learn More Here
<http://www.wyc.org/Seminars/Spring-SatOn-The-WaterTraining.aspx>

*Sunday May 7th Tune Up Race main lake* ( Motorhome will be out, so get out
there!)

*Thursday May 11th 1st G 6:15* ( are you ready to riock n roll!)

*May 13-14 Dave Cool Memorial Ice Breaker*
<http://wyc.org/j22/RegattaRegistration.aspx>  ( we have a great turn out
so far, get signed up)

Let me know if you have any questions

Sean