[J70] Upcoming Schedule- Weekday Racing

sean hendrickson seamus.hendrickson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 13:18:50 CDT 2020

Hey J70'ers-

Quick little update:
Here's the updated schedule for the remainder of the season Schedule
<https://cdn4.sportngin.com/attachments/document/d03d-2242456/WYC_Schedule_Addendum_E_082820.pdf#_ga=2.241999234.185682004.1598622617-751430093.1586221660>

This time of the season with the sun setting earlier we move the weekday
racing to the bay.  Last year we as a fleet determined that with the
traffic volume, limited space and pervasiveness of Milfoil the J70s do not
fare well. As a group we decided to take the opportunity to have informal
practice racing on the main lake.  We can have the RC set a couple marks,
run a couple drills, rabbit starts and do our own thing.

The forecast for this Thursday is pretty breezy 15-25 NNW perfect for J70
sailing! We will plan on meeting on the *main lake at 17:45*. I will
coordinate with RC to set a couple marks.  We can communicate on VHF 70,
and potentially have a coach boat out.

Let me know if you can make it, love to see you all out there.

I also want to welcome our newest fleet member Brent Simons!  Brent and his
family purchased a J70 from White Bear and will be at the WYC next spring,
welcome Brent!!

Ugotta Update- Bernie Soya, Ugotta Chair is working on details and planning
for Ugotta.  J70s are invited and encouraged to race.  Dates TBD- usually
1st or 2nd weekend of Oct. As this gets closer I will get info out to the
group.

Finally, here's the Summer edition of the digital J70 Newsletter
https://j70ica.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/2020-3-Summer.pdf

Hope to see you all Thursday for some great early fall sailing!
As always, if you have any questions 612-325-1954

Sean

--
Sean A. Hendrickson
seamus.hendrickson at gmail.com