[J70] J70 WYC Local Fleet Rules

sean hendrickson seamus.hendrickson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 09:49:25 CDT 2020

Greetings fellow J70's

We start racing this Thursday!
Joel, Charlie, Kevin and I have spent a lot of hours codifying our local
J70 Fleet Rules. They reflect what the early members agreed to find that
balance between our new J70 sailors and the grizzled veterans to encourage
fast and fun and fair J70 sailing. As such the overall sail limitations and
pro participation guidelines for Club racing are intact.

Further, we added average points to recognize the traveling done by many
members but also to reward those members who show up for lots of local
races, a key attribute of a successful fleet.

*We also added an experimental inverted winch rule, to permit a less
bruising ride, for those who choose to make the switch.

It’s important to remember that this fleet has grown to 10 boats in a
couple of seasons. Our members bring the best of ideas from many fleets in
the Club, for example inclusiveness and fun from the Capri fleet and
hardcore competition from the J24 and J22 fleets. The goal is to grow the
fleet by incorporating these best practices.

Please review the rules and vote via email to me via the J70 List Server or
directly Seamus.Hendrickson at gmail.com I will compile the votes and forward
to Joel, Fleet Secretary, by Wed at 5 pm.  We want them in place by our
first race on Thursday!
Thanks!!

If you have any questions, thoughts, ideas or comments, please feel free to
reach out to myself, Charlie or Kevin.

Sean
Fleet Captain
J70 North Fleet #2