[J70] Local news and National Fleet Update

sean hendrickson seamus.hendrickson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 09:47:54 CDT 2020

Hey everyone,
I hope all is well with you, I've been out a couple times on the mighty
Rasta, wow does it feel good to go sailing again!  if you need a hand
getting your boat in the water let me know.

As of last night we have 6 yes SIX J70's in the water, I think that's the
most one design boats at the club, love it!

Yesterday I attended the National Fleet Captains call which included fleets
from around the country. I've attached the minutes.

Bottom line, WYC is not alone, pretty much every fleet in the country is
waiting to resume normal sailing.  Some are organizing pursuit races, time
trials, around the buoy and back, 2 man races etc, if you have any ideas
that we can do following the guidelines let's talk about it.  One thing we
could try is a staggered start around the island race, or Maynard's and
Back?

Another idea that a couple fleets are doing is ordering branded J70 Buffs
which can be used as a face covering.  see here
https://www.isailfast.com/collections/buffs-caps-bags  I'm going to make an
order if' you're interested LMK by Saturday and I'll add you in, I'm
working on bulk pricing.

Sunday looks really good to rip around Big Island, as some of you may have
seen we are running informal time on time "races" starting from the end of
D dock, around Big Island ( either direction ) and back.  Record your time
and post it to WYC Facebook page.  We are going to try and get our about
13:00. it would be fun to get a group out - following guidelines of course.

I know the board is working very hard to get "normal" racing going and
there is some conversation about the DNR guidlines being eased which we are
looking into as well, I'll update the fleet once I have further
confirmation.

Hope to see you on the water Sunday!
Sean

--