[J70] Get your sails ready....it's time for our Virtual Regatta launch THIS THURSDAY!

Barbara Speltz barbspeltz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 07:02:55 CST 2021

For those of you itching to get back on the water and go racing we have a
temporary solution for you.

Come join us in a Virtual Regatta! Virtual Regatta is a free to play online
video game that does a very good job of emulating the conditions of a
sailboat race. We will be hosting a Virtual Regatta event over Zoom on
Thursday, February 25th, at 7 pm. (Zoom details will be coming soon!)

All skill levels are welcome and encouraged to join in the fun. The Virtual
Regatta game is easy to learn, but we do recommend playing a little on your
own to get the hang of it.

To begin, go to https://www.virtualregatta.com/en/ and click on the Inshore
“Play Now”. Sign up for a Virtual Regatta account (you only need to provide
an email address to create an account). *Before you can race with others
you will need to complete the “sailing school” tutorial which takes about
15 minutes*.

If you need a little more help through this process, you can find
instructions in the Virtual Regatta Basics document.

Follow the zoom link below.  Any questions feel free to email Colyn Tvete
at wyccrew at gmail.com

Following is the zoom meeting detail for the VR event:

Virtual Regatta Zoom meeting on Thursday February 25.

Topic: Derek Schmit's Zoom Meeting

Time: Feb 25, 2021 07:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84132575616?pwd=eWxWdE16Y3VFd2tydG96YnZNNmdRdz09

Meeting ID: 841 3257 5616

Passcode: 770698

One tap mobile

+13017158592,,84132575616#,,,,*770698# US (Washington DC)

+13126266799,,84132575616#,,,,*770698# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location

        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)