[LaserD21] Aquatennial!

Mike Elson elson.mike at icloud.com
Mon Jul 18 09:33:49 CDT 2016

There is a classic conflict courtesy of the MPRB. I think it'e a running event and there will be no access between 8:00 and 9:00. The event will have the road closed before and after that time window but it is my understanding that the park police will give access to the boathouse area before 8 and after 9. Be nice, don't yell at the nice cop. They did not do the scheduling.
Also, I'll be informing the park police that there will be boats stored overnight S of the boathouse. We have done that for years and had no problems with the boats.
In order to maximize regatta participation, my Laser will be sailed by Salvatore Matrachia, the Sicilian pro. I'm not sure what"Starboard" is in Italian.
I'll be in a C boat because that fleet is even smaller than the Laser fleet.
I hope to see lots of you there.
It could be old timers weekend as Grant Carlson may be here. Grant was the primo Laser sailor when I joined the fleet.

Mike