[Phrf] Welcome to the PHRF WYC List Server

dallas dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Sun Sep 17 09:29:04 CDT 2006

At Bob Bye's and Don Sundel's request we're taking a swing at getting the PHRF e-mail list server running. We do this by automatically subscribing fleet family members and then request that you "pass the word" to your crew or PHRF groupies who might want to join the list. We call this "priming the pump".

Anyone may subscribe to this list by clicking the "e-mail lists" icon on the right hand side of the homepage at www.wyc.org and following the instructions after that. The instructions were admittedly written by computer geeks, but it can be understood with some careful reading.

If you are not happy that you were subscribed to this list, you can use the same process to unsubscribe (or just e-mail me if you are really un-happy).

These e-mail lists have proven great for building fleet identity and "getting things done" in fleets at the club and I hope it works as well for PHRF. Here are a few tips...
- Don't ever send attachments or photos via the list server. The list server will reject your message.
- Don't add dozens of additional e-mail address' to a PHRF at lists.wyc.org e-mail message. The server will think it's junk mail and reject your message.
- Don't send political, racial, sexual, religious, commercial, or whatever messages that will force me to put on my hall monitor badge.
- Do solicit crew, request rides, ask advice, plan socials, congratulate winners, rant about handicaps, or complain about those stupid OD boats.

ALSO!!!! PHRF is currently the header graphic on WYC.org. Now if I can just thing of another survey question...

Have at it!
dallas