[Phrf] PHRF meeting

bob bye bobobye at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 16 21:49:24 CDT 2007

Friday, April 20, 6:30 PM, at the clubhouse.  The renovations should be done by then and we will among the first to trod the floors and mess them up.

Treasurer Chuck will be sending out an email with the ratings form enclosed within the next couple of days.  Please fill out the form and return it, with your annual fee check for $25.00, via snail mail, as soon as possible.  It will allow us, mostly Fred, to get the information into a database so that we can have the ratings information online prior to the start of racing.

Some of the items on the agenda for the meeting are:

Time on Distance vs. Time on Time. Should we change?

Reduce PHRF to 2 fleets instead of 3, (Due to shrinking membership).  One option would be that PHRF 1 would be for boats flying spinnakers, PHRF 2 for those who don't.  Or........

Should we think about a few PHRF only events, such as a PHRF only race, we all start together, but probably wouldn't finish together.  Some sort of social event?  Or.......

We are working on updating the website, and will report on progress.

The race Committee's new starting sequence, just to make sure that we are all on the same page and don't spend the first couple of races scratching our heads.

Thanks for your previous input on discussion topics, the door isn't shut yet, so if you have other thoughts, ideas, or just some complaints, send them to me and I will address them or include them on the agenda.

Thanks, hope to see you on the 20th.

bob