[Phrf] [Board] WYC Update

Charles Schroeder cschroeder at northstarcapital.com
Fri Apr 10 08:37:44 CDT 2020

________________________________
From: Board <board-bounces at lists.wyc.org> on behalf of Andy Spence-Parsons <andy.spence-parsons at comcast.net>
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2020 8:06:03 AM
Subject: [Board] WYC Update

Friends,

First and foremost, I hope you and your loved ones remain safe and healthy.  The purpose of this message is to remind you the WYC property remains CLOSED to all users, for all uses.  For clarification this includes; parking lot, patio, docks, the crane, and the club house building.

I know there has been much speculation about the use of the docks.  Please allow me to clarify. While we all want to go sailing/boating, we have a wider responsibility to keep our friends and the community safe from this epidemic. The Governor's Stay-at-Home is very clear on this point. While it does encourage outdoor activity, it expressly states that places of public accommodation, which includes the yacht club, must remain closed. We will comply with that.

Please know there are several committees of volunteers working hard to develop plans to restart operations as soon as the restrictions are lifted.  This includes; hiring the club manager, purchasing a committee boat, completing the bylaws, cleaning the club, and modifying the schedule as needed. More details to follow.

In the meantime, stay healthy, stay home, stay tuned.

Andy Spence-Parsons
Commodore | Wayzata Yacht Club
commodore at wyc.org<mailto:commodore at wyc.org>
763.360.8587