[Phrf] Practice update

Clay Babcock clay.babcock at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 08:44:25 CDT 2020

Hey all PHRFers!

As you know, the WYC BoD and RC have been working tirelessly to understand
the complex legal, social, medical, and moral aspects to us racing again.
I'm kinda watching it unfold thru the window, and trust me, this is no easy
task. It really changes daily.

All that notwithstanding, they have devised a program that will allow us to
start practicing on a course, as outlined in the last Weathermark. That's
GREAT news! As we will all be likely sailing shorthanded and for the first
time 'in anger' all year, it is likely to be rather casual, at least to
start. And that's good. But part of practicing is knowing how you are
doing, and that's harder for us than the OD fleets, who just have to note
the order they cross the line. So if you are interested in how your
practice went, send me a text with your finish time, and I'll send back
your corrected time. An easy way to do that is to simply take a picture of
the finish line as you cross, and send it to me (the time and position are
embedded).

On another topic, I know only about 50% of the boats have their PHRF
forms/dues sent in. Please please find the time to do that. These coming in
onesy-twosy is a PITA and a strain on the fleet volunteers who must process
them. In the interest of making this easy; I'll use last year's numbers if
needed for any boat interested. But get the forms in!

See you on the water.

Clay