[Phrf] Sunday Race Possibly Raceable

Craig Smith craigallynsmith at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 19:41:51 CDT 2021

In the old days, before smart phones, real-time radar, or cheap VHF, the RC
would postpone for HOURS - bobbing in the hot sun with nary a breath of
wind.  Finally, when 3 guns were fired, a great cheer of rejoicing would
rise over the glassy waters, with obligatory black flips into the lake from
the bow pulpits.   Just sayin.

On Mon, Jun 28, 2021 at 16:56 Terry Foster via Phrf <phrf at lists.wyc.org>
wrote:

> Hi Holly,
>

> Thanks for your feedback.
>

> There were two race offices that were out on the main lake from 12:45ish
> watching the wind.  Unlike on Thursday where we always go out, Sundays we
> do have the option to postpone on shore.  We will send the boats out if it
> looks likely, but the main lake was completely calm.  Around 2:30 there was
> some wind on the main lake.   At that time there was wind hovering around
> the minimum requirements but hadn’t settled into a stable direction.
>

> Our teams works very hard to put together great racing and make the right
> decisions.
>

> Thanks
>

> Terry Foster
>
> RC Chair

Craigallynsmith at Gmail.com 612.518.2200