[Phrf] WYC Spring Update.

Andy Spence-Parsons andy.spence-parsons at comcast.net
Mon Mar 1 21:14:45 CST 2021

The 40-degrees this weekend makes it feel like we’ve rounded the weather mark of winter. We're reaching towards the next mark; Spring!  There was open water inside the ice fence at WYC yesterday! All good signs. Perfect time for the following update.

Marina.
All slips and most mooring balls have been assigned. The map will be published this week. If you have paid your mooring dues in full; thank you. If you still owe a payment, I urge you to do it soon.  We have members eagerly waiting to upgrade from mooring balls to slips. Similar to last season, we anticipate the need to schedule launch slots and assisted put-in appointments. More soon.

Racing.
There are encouraging signs all around that we will be able to host a more “normal” season this year with the A, B, C, G, T, and M series.  We'll continue to hold the Big Island series on Saturday's. New for this year will be a Single/Double Handed series for Monday evenings in June.  Kevin Kenny is putting the finishing touches to the schedule, which we'll publish soon. We'll adjust as needed.

Signal Boat.
As you know, we're searching for a new signal boat. We have several excellent candidates identified. As the COVID situation improves and travel restrictions are relaxed, we'll be able to arrange product testing. In the meantime, we will have access to the AIS signal boat, and plan to repower the Whaler.

Spring Seminars.
Terry will host three seminars via ZOOM on the rules, strategy, and tactics of sailboat racing on three consecutive Tuesdays in April. Additionally Kevin and Bruce will host a ZOOM presentation of the new rules for 2021-2024.  You won’t want to miss any of these events. Stay tuned.

Regards,  Andy

Andy Spence-Parsons
Commodore | Wayzata Yacht Club
commodore at wyc.org