[S2] 9/22 SOTN Volunteer Update

Carmella Foster carmella at apexq.com
Wed Sep 22 11:14:41 CDT 2010

If anyone who is not racing can help with dinner prep and set-up on
Saturday, I will breathe a big sigh of relief.  Right now, it looks like I'm
all alone in the kitchen.

Still a lot of open positions.  No one has signed up to help the disabled
racers.  It's a good job for someone not sailing in the regatta, who can be
standing on the dock when they come in.

We need one volunteer dedicated to each boat, to help with rigging,
boarding, unboarding and putting the boat away.  That means being there
early for dock time, and being there when the boats return to the dock, even
though we do not know when that will be.  These volunteers can certainly
help on shore with meal prep, etc. while the sailors are racing.  If anyone
can sign up to help a boat all 3 days, that would provide great consistency,
an opportunity to get to know the sailors, and really feel like you helped
someone do something they would not otherwise be able to do.

Captain Hook, Friday  _______________________        Sesame Street, Friday
____________________________     Presto, Friday ____________________________

Captain Hook, Saturday  _____________________        Sesame Street, Saturday
___________________________   Presto, Saturday __________________________

Captain Hook, Sunday _______________________       Sesame Street, Sunday
____________________________    Presto, Sunday  ___________________________

We need 1 or 2 people to be "in charge" of the raffle.  Organize the selling
of the tickets, conduct the drawing, etc.  The money from the raffle keeps
the registration fee low.  We still need raffle prizes, too.
_______________________, ___________________________

Wednesday afternoon, September 22nd, help filling skipper bags, sorting
tee-shirt orders, etc.   1:00 p.m. at the WYC. Liz Sligh, Renee Corbin,
Linda Posthumus

Thursday, September 23rd, someone to sit at the registration table, hand out
skipper bags, be sure the paperwork gets done.  Some of these shifts are
during race time.  Two-hour shifts:
      noon to 2:00    _____________________________
      2:00 to 4:00      Bruce Tam
      4:00 to 6:00      Renee Corbin
      6:00 to 8:00      Gail Klein
      8:00 to 10:00   _____________________________

Breakfast set-up and clean-up (7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.)
Friday          ____________________________
Saturday      ____________________________
Sunday        ____________________________

Friday Bar and Dinner Set-up 3:30 to 5:30  (3 or 4 non-racing people) Mike
Miller, __________________________, ________________________,
____________________

Friday Bartenders 5:00 to 7:00     Barnie and Friends (including James)
                                7:00 to 9:00    Brenda Gensch, Mike Miller,
____________________
                                9:00 to clean-up  ____________________,
____________________, ______________________

2 or 3 people to sell raffle tickets on Friday night.    Barnie Barnes,
_________________________, ___________________________

Friday Grill Guys (Brats & Burgers)  4 people (2 for each grill)    Ed
Nelson, Don Wiley, Doug Dickerson, Bob Carpenter

Friday dinner servers (keep the food table stocked, keep things moving) (2
or 3 people)      Elaine Peet, Beth Carpenter, ___________________________

Friday clean up  (3 or 4 people)   Mike Miller, __________________________,
_______________________, __________________________

Saturday dinner prep.
        1:00 to 3:00        ___________________________,
_____________________, ____________________,

        3:00 to 5:00        _____________________, _______________________,
________________________

Saturday Bar and Dinner Set-up 3:30 to 5:30  (3 or 4 non-racing people)
_________________________, _______________________, _______________________

Saturday Bartenders 5:00 to 7:00    Gail Klein, April Bezenar,
___________________________
                                7:00 to 9:00     Don Wiley,
___________________________, _______________________________
                                9:00 to clean-up  _________________________,
___________________________, ___________________________

2 or 3 people to sell raffle tickets on Saturday night.   (Raffle time
around 8:30 p.m.)  _______________________, ______________________,
________________________________

Saturday Grill Guys (New York Strip Steaks)   Ed Nelson, Team Lickety
Split!, James Schwinghammer, Doug Dickerson, Mark Puariea

Saturday dinner servers and kitchen helpers (keep the food table stocked,
keep things moving) (4 or 5 people)   Diane Kochendorfer, Beth Carpenter,
___________________, ____________________, ________________________

Saturday clean up  (3 or 4 people)   Bob Carpenter,
_____________________________, ____________________________,
______________________________

Sunday Lunch Help (3 or 4 people).  Brats, burgers, leftovers from previous
2 nights.  _________________________, ___________________________,
______________________________, ____________________________

Sunday Bartenders Don Wiley, Bill Laughlin, ___________________________,
___________________________

Sunday Clean-up.  (Yeah, I know, you'll be tired.  So will I.)   Renee
Corbin, ____________________________, _____________________________,
_____________________________

 Also, I want to thank the people who are housing out-of-town sailors.  So
far, I know of Merry Beth Hovey, Pat Caticchio, Gail Klein and Leonard
MacKinnon.  You are my heroes!

Carmella Foster

Chairperson

Star of the North Regatta