[S2] Leech Lake Regatta

Ruedenberg, Emanuel (Rudy) Emanuel.Ruedenberg at bsci.com
Mon Jul 18 15:26:18 CDT 2011

Fellow WYC Sailors,
Just a friendly reminder about the Leech Lake Regatta which is scheduled for August 13-15th. This is a fun regatta at a beautiful marina on a large body of water that is only 3 1/2 hour drive .
  http://www.shoresofleechlake.com/regatta.htm

The regatta is also happening on the same weekend as Walker Bay Days Festival  http://walkerbaydays.com/index.htm
There will lots of activities for the whole family.

One of the trophies is for the regatta is Yacht Club with the Best finishes.  The Wayzata Yacht club has one this trophy several times in the past but we would like to do it again this year!  The more WYC boats coming to race the better chance we have of this.
The lake level is high and the lake has a sandy bottom, so no need to worry about the keel.  They will also have a crane out available.  Also WYC is offering free use of our crane for any boat entering the regatta.

WYC boats that are entering so far are Parrley, Persistence and Cyclone.  I also know of an S2 7.9 from up there that will race this year.

 Lodging options vary from camping at the Marina, or staying on your boat, to renting cabins at the Leech Lake resorts, to motel rooms in Walker, MN.  The regatta typically draws a variety of around 50 boats ranging from 16ft scows to multi hauls to  35 ft keel boats.  Boats are usually grouped into 7 or 8 divisions by PHRF.   If you can get a group of three or more of a one design boat they will create your own start and trophies etc.
Registration includes banquet tickets and other prizes.  Early registration ends Aug. 6th !

If anybody is interested and has any questions about the event  please feel free to contact me.

tks
rudy
Cyclone

Emanuel 'Rudy' Ruedenberg