[S2] Wine on Wayzata Bay is just over a week away!

Carmella Foster carmella at apexq.com
Thu Jun 19 00:23:04 CDT 2014

This fun annual event, benefitting the Wayzata Community Sailing Center, is coming up on Friday, June 27, at the Wayzata Yacht Club from 6:30 - 9:30 p.m.

The committee has been working hard, and we expect the event to sell out again this year.  Don't wait to buy your tickets.  Buy them today at http://wineonwayzatabay.com/BUYTICKETS.aspx

Whether you are planning to attend or not, there are still ways to help:

1.      Wine for the wine-tasting at the event will be provided by the wholesale distributors who supply wine to Wayzata Wine and Spirits (the Muni).  In addition to wine for drinking, we also need bottles of donated wine to be used as prizes for a "wine game".  Your donation of a bottle or two of "pretty good" wine or "really good" wine would be greatly appreciated.  We are looking for wine that sells for at least $15 per bottle.  Bring your donation to the yacht club Thursday, Saturday or Sunday.  Look for a big silver tub for wine donations near the "crew" table.

2.      A few more volunteers are needed to help at the event itself.  Contact me or Barbara Speltz (barbspeltz at gmail.com<mailto:barbspeltz at gmail.com>) if you can work from 5:00 until 10:00. Volunteers will be provided with a light meal and hopefully a glass of wine at the end of the evening!  Primary areas needing volunteers are registration and the silent auction.

3.      We need a few empty wine bottles for flowers on the tables.  If you have any empty bottles, rinse them out and put them in the same tub with the wine donations.  (Hopefully, we will get more full bottles than empty ones!

4.      If anyone has a "square" that we can use to accept credit cards at the event, we would love to borrow it.  Put your name on it, and give it to me this weekend at the club.  I will make every effort to return it to you, or replace it if necessary.  We need about 8 squares.  I have one.

My short list turned out to be pretty long.  An email from you if you can help with any of these items would be very helpful.  Thank you, and I hope you can join us!  It's a good time to support the future of our sport!

Regards,
Carmella Foster and Barbara Speltz
Co-chairs, Wine on Wayzata Bay 2014