[S2] Help Needed for Bert's Celebration of Life

Carmella Foster carmella at apexq.com
Tue Aug 1 09:29:23 CDT 2017

Here is the updated list.  All positions are filled, except that we need more bars/cookies.  Bars or cookies can be left at the yacht club on Thursday night.

Dave Randall has agreed to be the "Lead Volunteer".  If anyone has questions during the event, try to find Dave.  He will have all the answers! Maybe.

Many people have offered to help wherever needed.  If you need help or see something that needs to be done, look for Kim Joriman, Steve Truax, Mark Janda, Rob Hunt, Linda Roal, Matt Thompson, Allison Thompson or Doug Dickerson.

Kitchen Helpers (Jill Fynboh is coordinating food)
Kitchen Helpers may also pass some food on trays to the folks outside.

2 helpers (10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.) Bob Leach - Sarah Olmsted

3 helpers (12:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.) Carol Pine - Dan Hollinger - Barbara Cameron

2 helpers (2:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.) Margaret Griffith and Susan Sundell

Bartenders
(The bar will open AFTER the service.)

2 Bartenders (2:30 to 4:30) Beth Frampton and Craig Smith

2 Bartenders (4:15 to 6:30) Hermann Klaas and Kim Knish

Clean-up (Clean-up will be ongoing during and after the party)

4 clean-up crew (5:00 to 6:30) Beth Frampton, Craig Smith, Tom Brown, Mark Janda, Jerry von Gohren, Pamela Griffith

"Gatekeepers"
We want to be sure that people enter quietly, especially if they arrive during the service. These greeters will probably have programs for people as they arrive.

2 people at the gate by the launch ramp (1:45 to the end of the service) Beth Rosenberger and Carre O'Connor

2 people in the turnaround (1:45 to the end of the service) Lori Goodsell and Sharon Hanevold

BAKERS
Many people have asked "What can I bring?"  You can bring bars or cookies for dessert!  Bars should be cut (small) and securely wrapped on disposable plates or trays or foil pans.  Bars that do not require refrigeration may be brought on Thursday night.  We need about 30 people to bring bars or cookies.

  1.  Barb Speltz
  2.  Nancy Sommer
  3.  Beth Frampton
  4.  Kathleen Cahill