[S2] Next WYC Happy Hour on Thursday, March 12

Carmella Foster carmella at apexq.com
Thu Mar 5 11:22:34 CST 2020

The next WYC Winter Happy Hour will be on Thursday, March 12, at the Red Rooster in Long Lake.  Red Rooster is owned by the same great people who own McCormick's in Wayzata.  They have good drinks, good food, and famous milkshakes. (At least I have been told that they have famous milkshakes. I will have one at Happy Hour and let you know!)

"Where is Long Lake?" you might be asking.  Easy to find.  Just drive west on Hwy. 12 about 5 minutes past the Wayzata exits.  Take the exit to Long Lake, and one of the first things you will see is the Red Rooster!

Put the address in your GPS:  1832 Wayzata Blvd., Long Lake

Official time is 5:00 to 7:00, but some of us will come early, some will stay late.  Around 6:30, we'll have a drawing and give away a few Red Rooster gift cards.  You could go home a winner!

Bring a bottle of wine ($20+) to donate to the Boat Load 'O Wine game at Wine on Wayzata Bay (June 26th!), and you will receive an extra entry in the drawing for the gift cards.

Also, tickets for the "50/50 Cash Raffle", with drawing to be held at WOWB on June 26th, have been printed and will be available to purchase next Thursday at the Rooster.  Tickets are $20 each. The winner takes home one-half of the total cash from raffle ticket sales.  If all tickets are sold, the winner will receive $10,000, and $10,000 will go towards the operation of Wayzata Sailing. So far, in previous years, we have not sold all the tickets, and the winner has taken home around $6,000.  Still a nice prize.  This year, let's sell ALL the tickets!