[Sonar]Sonar # 50 Still For Sale

Ernest Brody epbrody at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 18 13:10:10 CDT 2003

I think we should buy it but there are some problems with it.  Larry
Leistiko and Joe Steele went down and looked at it.  Larry says that it
looks like someone treated it with VC tar or some other black paint.  He
says the bottom is rough.  He thinks that taking it down and epoxying the
bottom will take care of it.

He also said that there was water in the bilge and he is concerned that the
water has frozen and perhaps weakened the bilge stub.  There are fixes for
this also.

We also know that the sails are extremely old and there is no spinnaker pole
(halyard and topping lift?).

It's a project for someone.  It's like a woman.  The hull is reasonable.
The rigging is costly.  We should be prepared to help the buyer and the
buyer should know that there will be expenses.

Ernest