[Sonar]Lake Geneva Results

John Sligh jsligh at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 22 17:07:46 CDT 2003

David & Fellow Sonar Sailors,
It was a very interesting regatta.  Saturday they got off only one race due
to light winds.  Banue was able to find streaks of wind and finished well
with a 5th.  Gusto wasn't as skillful finding the wind and finished 9th and
ditto for Hollinger who was 12th.  Sunday's wind was much better - probably
like it was in Mpls. on Saturday and we had 4 races, 3 W2's and 1 W2 1/2.
On Sunday we started the first race at 9:30 a.m. and kept racing until 2
p.m.  It was a lot of fun.

Non-racing events included a cookout and bonfire on Friday night where we
proceeded to sing songs and tell jokes.  Someone mentioned that red wine is
good for you and several bottles were consumed.  Nobody joined the Lake
Geneva Swim Club this year.  Each boat had their best finish ever in Geneva
this year which was great to see.  Maybe we're finally figuring out the
lake.

Regatta Results for WYC
88    12    11    12    12    3    12th overall
225    5    6      11    11    7    9th overall
464    9    4      13    2      1    4th overall

Bob Schultz of LGYC won with a 4, 3, 3, 1, 4
Mike Hirn of LGYC was 2nd with a 7, 5, 2, 4, 2
Mike Keefe of LGYC was 3rd with a 2, 7, 5, 3, 8

Lots of stories go along with the results which we'll have to share over a
few beers at the club.

John