[Sonar]Practice in the Bay

Ernest Brody epbrody at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 8 20:53:52 CDT 2004

JR has been leading this but he asked me to continue because he is out of
town for a few days.  Ernest

Here's his stuff

Share your knowledge and get in some fun sailing! The idea is to have the
Sonar fleet gather for an evening or two of sailing where we all take
ourselves out of the "competitive" mode for some intra-fleet PRACTICE.
Sonar Fleet 5 prides itself on having a friendly fleet, so it's time for the
"old timers" (at least on Lake Minnetonka) to mix it up with anyone else
wanting to practice.

Who:  Sonar Fleet

What:  One or Two evenings of practice sailing in the bay.

Place: WYC

Why:  Fleet camraderie, Practice, Tuning, Experience, Sharing of
information, Experimenting, Sailing with our competitors, Opportunity to try
new things and sail on the same boat as our competitors instead of against
them.

When:  Possible dates are Wednesday August, 18th and/or Friday August, 20th
(Depending on the interest level for each day we can determine if we gather
for one or both days.)

An Afterthougtht by Ernest: I propose August 28 as a Saturday alternative.

Please respond with the following

I will attend:

August 18 at 6:30 pm  = your name and sail number

August 20 at 6:30 pm = your name and sail number

August 28 at 11:00 am = your name and sail number

Number of persons attending =
Name(s) of people attending =
We can decide on which boats to take out and who goes where at the club.