[Sonar]Last party, lost and found, bowling party, and used sails

FRANK or CJ rainaldi at prodigy.net
Sat Dec 11 21:20:25 CST 2004

1. Frank counted 47 of us at the gathering Thursday. Fun time. Thanks to all for coming, to those of you who contributed to the buffet, and to those of you who left your partially full wine bottles for us. Smile--I think they are already all gone. Happy Holidays!

2. We have two "found" items: a) a book entitled A Voyage for Madmen and b) a small tablespoon with a recessed outline around the entire handle. (Denise, I also have your towel.)
Call us at 952-925-3619 if you have info on these items.

3) Keep the first week-end of put-in relatively free. We are thinking that either that Saturday or Sunday would be a fine time for us to use the "bowling party for 60" that we bought at last year's ADA silent auction.

4) Over the last 8 years, we have donated Amity's used sails to the Community Sailing School of Boston, a non-profit that receipts the sails for a tax deduction. They are very happy to have anything that is servicable fo instructinal purposes - they don't do competitive sailing. a) If any of you have old sails to donate, contact us for the address, but they need them SOON to issue a receipt dated 2004. HOWEVER, b) If any of you are interested in a back-up emergency sail and want to swap one of your still older sails for any of the following before we send them, call either JR (612-290-1499) or Frank (952-925-3619) before Wednesday, when we are planning to ship. Our current donation list is as follows

2002 North Jib - With Bullet Blocks for a 2:1 setup (Good condition but one bullet block needs
                        to be replaced - it wears some on jib sheet )
2001 North Jib - With Bullet Blocks for a 2:1 setup ( Good condition relatively crisp )
1999 North Spinnaker (Still has some snap in the sail )

1996 Bowers Spinnaker (Decent with broad shoulders, heavier cloth and sewn seams - good
                         for straight down wind heavy air sailing.)
1996 Bowers Bi-Radial Jib (For use with winches or 2:1 setup - This is an odd sail that only
                         Doug Pierce has been able to trim.  He's willing to give instruction if you are
                         interested in the sail)

Again, if you are interested in donating any old sail(s) and get your receipt for tax purposes, please call Frank at 952-925-3619 for address and instrucitons.

Frank and CJ