[Sonar]Fixing a leaky sonar.

Mark Kochendorfer mkochendorfer at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 1 21:08:50 CST 2004

I want to fix the leaks in Liberty so that the rain does not fill the bilge between races (when it rains).  I believe that the toe rail is the source of most of the water.

If that is where the water is coming in, does anyone have a proven technique for fixing that?  The toe rail appears to be held on with screws--not bolts.  Should I remove the toe rail, caulk and replace it?  Or should I just add a bead of caulk to the joint on the outside without removing the toe rail?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I was planning on fixing it myself.

Mark