[Sonar] 2006 Sailing "Seminar"

FRANK or CJ rainaldi at prodigy.net
Wed Oct 5 19:39:56 CDT 2005

The recent Sonar Regatta at Lake Geneva  was a good experience for most all of the 22 of us that went down there this year.  It was great to see that WYC sailors could compete successfully on someone elses "private" lake. There were many exciting events that occurred for us - several on the race course, and a few on the parking lot !!

As you all know, while we were sailing at Lake Geneva, Steve Shepstone was sailing in the English Channel and winning the Sonar World's !  Several of you know him. Those of you that were in the Sonar Fleet #5 a few years back will recall we had Steve and Melissa Shepstone with us for a weekend "seminar" of Sonar sailing tips, both on the water and in the clubhouse.  Plus of course the added social activities in the evenings.

We had some brief discussion this past weekend of doing a similar event near the beginning of next year's sailing season.  CJ and I were involved with in some of the organization and implementation of this the last time. We're now in Arizona for the winter -will only be back in Minnesota or a few holiday vacation days bewteen now & May 1st.- so won't be of much help

So ......... 1) Are there again some people back there in the Sonar Fleet willing to help work on such a sailing seminar?? 2) Survey the fleet for interest?  3) Contact the Shepstones? with  (Congratulations to Steve) about their willingness to do it again?  (The last time it was for the price of an airline ticket for Melissa, food and lodging in someone's home , and a little hospitality).  If anyone want to do this, I think it would be a good activity in which the entire fleet can benefit  - it would be enjoyable as well as instructive for all.

If anyone wants any more info or help or suggestions from what we learned last time, please get back to me.  Hopefully, some of you will pick this up and run with it.

Frank