[Sonar] 2006 LOWISA Sonar Plan

Bert Foster Bert at apexq.com
Wed Oct 19 00:14:25 CDT 2005

Hi Sonar Sailors

2006 LOWISA Sonar Plan

    * Race at least 4 Sonars as One Design during the day, 10a to 2-3p.
    * Stay on a 49ftSP Houseboat
<http://www.houseboatadventures.com/1024/houseboats/49ftsp.php>http://www.houseboatadventures.com/1024/houseboats/49ftsp.php
from "Houseboat Adventures' in Kenora.  Sleeps 12 in beds and 1 or 2
positions for
tents.
<http://www.houseboatadventures.com/>http://www.houseboatadventures.com/
I have this boat reserved/saved for a week or 2, but we must act, as
they always fill up that week, because it is the Canadian holiday week.
    * We would have a houseboat driver couple manage the boat (they
go free) while the Sonar sailor's race.  So, the boat sleeps 10
racers plus tenters.
    * Cost will not exceed $4000 USD divided by 10 Sailors or about
$400 per person.  If we get 4 tenters and charge them half rate,
that's $4000 divided by 12 or about $330 per person for the week for
the people in beds and $330 per couple in tents.
    * We have estimated food at $200 per person for the week.  You
buy your own booze, beer and pop. They driver will buy all the food
and load it on the boat Saturday.  We have done this for 25 years and
have great menus.
    * The driver WILL NOT BE THE COOK.  Each couple will take a
dinner, fix it serve it, and clean up.  You make your own breakfast.
You make your own sandwiches to take on the race.
    * The Boat rents Saturday to Saturday.  The race is Sunday to
Saturday.  So, the driver picks up the boat Saturday
afternoon.  Racers put in their Sonar (its free crane in) and sleep
on the boat Saturday night and racing Sunday at 11:00am.Everybody
stays on the boat through Friday night.  Saturday the races race and
the Driver returns the boat by 8 or 9 am.  They racers pull their
Sonars Saturday afternoon and stay in a motel Saturday night in
Kenora so they can go to the banquet Saturday night.  They then drive
home Sunday.
    * We have reserved a second boat, that is a 42 ft and sleeps 10,
but is a 10 day rental, Sunday to Tuesday. It about $5000 and would
be about $550 to$600 per person and would stay over and extra few of days.
    * We need a deposit of half right away to reserve the boat.
    * I have already rented the 68 ft for my family.  We are taking
16 family including 5 or 6 grandchildren from 4 to 12.  We will lead
the houseboat group and hang out at the anchorages.
    * Estimated cost.
        * Sonar regatta entry                        $200
        * 3 crew on boat                             $1200
        * Food for 3                                      $600
        * Booze, pop, extras                         $100
        *                         TOTAL                 $ 2100
        * That is $700 per person or $100 per day per person.

I forgot 1000 miles RT towing at 10 mpg is $350 in gas.