[Sonar] LOWISA

Thomas_M_Brown at bluecrossmn.com Thomas_M_Brown at bluecrossmn.com
Mon Sep 26 14:05:38 CDT 2005

I don't want to clutter people's emails but I did have a timely statement
to make about LOWISA (Lake of the Woods Regatta) for 2006.

We had a short announcement about LOWISA yesterday at the WYC awards
ceremony but many of us were elsewhere busy pulling boats out for Lake
Geneva or watching the football game and likely missed this.

One of the best ways to experience LOWISA,   especially for a Sonar is to
plan it in conjunction with a houseboat for accomadations.
www.houseboatadventures.com.  Bert has reserved a large houseboat(s) for
the Sonar fleet with enough room for 30  (these houseboats are more like
small cruise ships!).     The houseboat method however requires very early
commitment as in NOW or the opportunity will slip.   Demand outstrips
supply.    Please contact Bert ASAP within the next couple of weeks if you
are interested in attending for 2006.

We are hoping to reach the minimum necessary for a one-design fleet of 6
Sonars drawing from WYC,   St. Croix and hopefully Lake Geneva.    It
appears we already have one design fleets forming for E-scows and Hobie
Cats.  We may even have four A-scows which always add a level of
liveliness to the racing scene.   It  would be great to have the Sonar
fleet represented as a one design fleet  (as opposed to PHRF with
everybody else).

In terms of what LOWISA is like,   it is a week long competitive sailing
event  (Bert will be the PRO) but yet is a highly family and social
centered function.   I attribute the interest in my children in coming to
sailing events primarily due to LOWISA, not Lake Superior or NOODs which
tend to be adult centered only.   I went to LOWISA skippering a small boat
when I was 14.   Even if family members don't sail,  it is the perfect
regatta setting for grandkids to grandparents especially with the
houseboat scenario.  We will also have Optimist and Laser events occuring
at separate times.

Racing is point to point and typically goes until about 3:00PM.   After
that,  the boats hook up to the 'mother ship'  and the quality time that
LOWISA has been famous for for more than 40 years begins.

Take a look at the website:   www.lowisa.org and don't forget to email
Bert ASAP.       Bert, Ernie and myself for starters,  are well familiar
with LOWISA and can answer most questions.

Thomas Brown

----------------------------
Important news about email communications:

If our business rules identify sensitive information, you will receive a ZixMail Secure Message with a link to view your message. First-time recipients will be asked to create a password before they are granted access. To learn more about ZixMail, ZixCorp Secure Email Message Center, and other ZixCorp offerings, please go to http://userawareness.zixcorp.com/secure4/index.php
----------------------------

The information contained in this communication may be confidential,
and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly
please return it to the sender immediately and delete the original
message and any copy of it from your computer system. If you have
any questions concerning this message, please contact the sender.

Unencrypted, unauthenticated Internet e-mail is inherently insecure.
Internet messages may be corrupted or incomplete, or may incorrectly
identify the sender.