[Sonar] Tentative detailed itinerary for Shepstone visit

Thomas_M_Brown at bluecrossmn.com Thomas_M_Brown at bluecrossmn.com
Thu Apr 27 09:11:09 CDT 2006

Preface:      I've booked the clubhouse for Saturday evening,   May 27th
as we agreed.

The Shepstone's will be staying with Frank and CJ.

I'm very happy to have been able to kick this off for the fleet,
especially happy that the Shepstone's have graciously accepted our offer
of hospitality and am willing to work out an event schedule for what I
think will be a great weekend.   However,   I'm going to be looking for a
lot of help.   My son is graduating the week after and I have plans for
that as well as being Commodore of LOWISA and also an only parent for two
quite active kids,  my plate is pretty full.   Shaina (my daughter) will
unfortunately still be overseas that weekend so I can't call on her.
Please help out where you can.

The *'s below are indications where I'd like to have someone step forward
and grab a 'sheet' so to speak, and help out.

Here is a preliminary detailed itinerary of events:

Friday,  May 26th    6:30 pm.   Welcoming reception at Frank and CJ's
location.      Social event.   No instruction etc.

Frank,   I'd like to have you be in charge of food/beverage for that
event.    I can't wait for your Risoto dish!   Please call on fleet
members where you need.

*Saturday:  May 27,  8:30AM.   Breakfast out at a local restaurant.    I'd
like to have 'a'  Sonar, or two and its crew 'sponsor' this breakfast. The
whole fleet coming is probably impractical.    This is a great crew
development opportunity for a Sonar even if you don't have a lot of techie
talk.

Saturday:  May 27, 10:00AMish.     Arrive at WYC clubhouse.    Individual
boat tuning sessions.      I would like to start it off with my boat.    I
think we have time to do perhaps 4 or 5 boats.     This means that those
boats that are interested in getting tuning advise will need to miss the
Big Is. race that morning.

*Saturday: May 27th,  11:30PM.    Put on a simple lunch.     This can just
be a sandwich deli setup.   Perhaps something for the grill.   In either
case,   something relatively easy and quick because we'll want to get out
on the water.      The general fleet will be coming back from the lake
about 12:00ish.    When they're all in and have taken over the clubhouse,
is when we'll want to be done with lunch and go out on the water. I'd like
to have another Sonar sponsor this event.

Saturday: May 27th,  1:00PM:     On the water sessions.     Bert,   I'd
like you to organize/structure  this.

*Saturday:  May 27th:  6:30PM.   Dinner at the clubhouse.    We need to
break in that new grill that Steve got!   Its amazing.   I need help here.
  I can pitch in some food but am looking for an organizer!     The Sonar
fleet has the clubhouse for the whole evening.

Saturday: May 27th:  7:30PMish.    Shepstone chalk talk session.    We'll
have videos of the World Championships in Cowes and will have to time
discuss any technical subjects as needed.

Sunday:  May 28th:  9:30AM.      Breakfast in the Wayzata area.    Tally
Ho!  (my Sonar) and its crew will sponsor this one.   If another Sonar
wants to join us,  that's good too.   Again,  probably impractical for the
whole fleet though.

Sunday:  May 28th:  10:30ish.    Arrive at clubhouse.   Do some sailing
prior to the race on a designated Sonar etc.

*Sunday:  May 28th:   12:00ish.    Boat that the Shepstone's sail on
should provide lunch for them.    If we want,  we can make this a fleet
lunch again if people want but its ok with me if its not this time. There
will be a lot of other club hubub going on then that might make it more
difficult.

Sunday:  May 28th:  1:30    Sunday race.    Shepstone's are on board a
Sonar or two.

* Sunday:  May 28th:   After race.    Normal Sunday Sonar party and
sending away reception at clubhouse.     Who's Sunday is that one?

Shepstone's depart.

What I'd especially like to learn from the Shepstone visit from a
technical standpoint:

1.  Proper static tuning and mast blocking methodology.

2.  Roll tacking techniques for light airs.

3. Fine tune sail trimming methods for the Sonar.

Please comment if there are any schedule conflicts that anybody sees here.
    Especially,   if you're interested in volunteering for an *
item....otherwise you will run the risk of perhaps being  volun'told' at a
later date.

Thanks everybody.

Thomas Brown

Important news about email communications:

If our business rules identify sensitive information, you will receive a ZixMail Secure Message with a link to view your message. First-time recipients will be asked to create a password before they are granted access. To learn more about ZixMail, ZixCorp Secure Email Message Center, and other ZixCorp offerings, please go to http://userawareness.zixcorp.com/secure4/index.php

The information contained in this communication may be confidential, and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please return it to the sender immediately and delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system. If you have
any questions concerning this message, please contact the sender.

Unencrypted, unauthenticated Internet e-mail is inherently insecure. Internet messages may be corrupted or incomplete, or may incorrectly identify the sender.