[Sonar] Mallory Cup & Kirby Cup

J.R. (home) johnrainaldi at myrealbox.com
Tue Jun 6 02:23:46 CDT 2006

Hello Sonar Fleet #5
I have two topics I would like to bring back to the discussion table.

1)  Are you interested in hosting the Mallory Cup "Area K" Qualifiers?
2)  Are you interested in trying out Sonar team racing?

More information below!

1)  Mallory Cup (U.S. Men's Sailing Championship.)
If you interested in WYC and the Sonar fleet hosting the area qualifiers please talk to J.R.

A quick recap of what the Mallory cup is about
    - We need to start planning soon if we are interested in hosting the qualifiers.
    - We would need to make it open to team that would like to sail from the area.
    - I did not see a official deadline date but I assume it is some time early August as
    - Finals will be raced this year in Sonars in Marblehead, MA on September 19-23
    - Crews are made up of a team of 3 (men or women), but the helmsman must be male.
    - Check the US Sailing website for further details. http://www.ussailing.org/championships/adult/usmsc/

2)  Kirby Cup.
As I beleive everyone knows the Kirby Cup was supposed to be this weekend.  HOWEVER,  "There were too many conflicting events out here, so the Kirby Cup has been postponed until the fall.  The date hasn't been picked, yet."

With the Kirby Cup postponed we would have the opportunity to put a team together this year.
    - Ideally we would have 6+ boat owners interested in learning team racing.
    - And at a minimum we should have at 6 boats committed to the program.

RECAP
1)  Are you interested in hosting the Mallory Cup Qualifiers?
2)  Are you interested in trying out Sonar team racing?