[Sonar] The powerboats strike back

Ernest Brody epbrody at earthlink.net
Thu May 4 20:51:44 CDT 2006

I get to put my oar in also.  I suspect that whereas if you mixed it all up
you would not see any significant difference, the pH and oxidation potential
of the water at the first foot of water in the lake is more corrosive than
the general mixture.  This would be caused by the sunlight promoting
photosynthesis of algae in that first foot as well as oxygen mixed in by
wave action.  (I see this in another way, the sunward side of my boat has
more blistering at the waterline than the shadeward side.)  This would cause
more corrosion at the top of the chain and calamitous loss of holding power.

Ernest