[Sonar] Sonar Seminar/Clinic w/ Shepstones

FRANK or CJ rainaldi at prodigy.net
Sat May 6 18:41:36 CDT 2006

Hi to all !!

  Put Friday evening, May 26 on your calendar - now !!

  We are not yet back to MN from AZ (in fact as I write, CJ is at Churchill Downs with her sisters for the 132 running of the Kentucky Derby!)  Since we are not coming back to MN until May 22, we are unable to take part in the always exciting start of a new sailing season.  With our large competitive friendly fleet, 2006 promises to be the best ever for Sonar Fleet #5.

  One of the things that helped jump start our small fleet, to learn to sail better and to enjoy each other more was the May 2003 clinic/seminar on Sonar Sailing with Steve and Melissa Shepstone, who are among the elite of Sonar sailors.   As you all know, they will be back with us this May 26-28.  Our fleet is now over twice as large and the sailors are a better more competitive lot.  Hearing and learning from Steve and Melissa will be undoubtedly be very helpful for skippers and crew, -- as will be what we learn by the exchange of ideas and suggestions from our own talented and expert sailors in Fleet 5.

  The kickoff for this weekend will be a social/reception/session on the Friday evening, May 26.  All skippers and crew and significant others are invited. It will be held at our Blake Ridge Townhomes clubhouse, as we did in 2003.  We are uncertain as to whether it will be a 5:30 start with a social hour, a light dinner, and sailing talk with an overview and instruction for the on-the-water training and followup on Saturday,
  -Or if it will be a 6:30 start without the dinner - perhaps desert and snacks (& eat dinner before you come).  Which of these will be decided this week, partly by how large a group we we have - hopefully a large one - and partly by how much the personal and fleet budget can afford. (Last time we did a combination of individual boat assessment and a major contribution from fleet treasury - including for one airfare which is not needed this time)

  In either case, we will be sending you the specifics in about a week after we do a little surveying.  For now -EVERYONE: ---RESERVE MAY 26, ON YOUR CALENDAR FOR AN EVENING SONAR EVENT .  Details to follow.
  Frank