[Sonar] Couple of items: Fleet party/midwinter details

Thomas_M_Brown at bluecrossmn.com Thomas_M_Brown at bluecrossmn.com
Fri Oct 27 15:41:55 CDT 2006

Party:

There's been some requests to change the December Sonar fleet party from
December 2 to December 16 however this created a problem for the
Bangasser's as hosts.       Bert has opened his house for the December
16th option and there are several people who could come at that date who
could not on December 2.

If its ok then,  we'll switch the party from December 2 to December 16
(saturday).   Any last objections?

I'll put together a slide show if people will give me CD's with their
favorite pictures of the year  (or past years) at the WYC banquet.   I'll
be including some of the Shepstone pictures.

If someone else wants to take the food and beverage organization part of
the party,   they're welcome to it.  Otherwise the fairly simple potluck
sampler for last names from A to M and beverages from N to Z seems to
work.

Miami Midwinters:

The Sonar midwinters are in Miami/Key Biscayne in February.      Key
Biscayne is a great sailing venue,  especially in February when you know
what its like up here.    It doesn't conflict with the Birkie weekend.

Currently there are no Sonars for charter in the Miami area.  The few that
were at KBYC I guess were wrecked by Hurricane Wilma last year.  The only
charter boats available would have to come from Shumway Marine near
Rochester NY.   They're trying to start a fleet of Sonars in Miami but as
of yet,   there are no actual buyers.    That 'could' change in the next
few weeks however as there are several people in the area promoting the
class for KBYC.

This means that chartering a boat from Shumway would,  at least at this
time,  involve paying for the frieght.    Skip Shumway is hoping to be
able to balance that for the frieght back by having it dovetail with
another Sonar regatta in St. Pete. about the same time  (Key Biscayne is a
far better sailing venue in my opinion).   The second charterer would pay
for the freight back.

Costs:  freight  $1700.   Charter for the regatta  $1200.     Total would
be about 3K per boat then.

Split 4 ways,  that's about $750 for the 'hardware'  part of the regatta.

Hauling an owned boat down there I figure would be about the same with
frieght  both ways.   Hauling 950lbs of lead nearly 3k miles adds up.

Its possible that we could potentially negotiate a better charter deal
(the variable cost aspect) with the fact that these boats might sell down
there,   which I'd be happy to persue if there is enough interest from the
group.

Bert and Ernie are already planning on having Captain Hook at the
midwinters so any boat we have there would make 2+ boats from Wayzata
there.

Thomas Brown

Important news about email communications:

If our business rules identify sensitive information, you will receive a ZixMail Secure Message with a link to view your message. First-time recipients will be asked to create a password before they are granted access. To learn more about ZixMail, ZixCorp Secure Email Message Center, and other ZixCorp offerings, please go to http://userawareness.zixcorp.com/secure4/index.php

The information contained in this communication may be confidential, and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please return it to the sender immediately and delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system. If you have
any questions concerning this message, please contact the sender.

Unencrypted, unauthenticated Internet e-mail is inherently insecure. Internet messages may be corrupted or incomplete, or may incorrectly identify the sender.