[Sonar] Special Sonar Regatta?

tbrown9163 at comcast.net tbrown9163 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 7 00:47:04 UTC 2007

I believe the genesis of this special regatta was going to be a Sonar team racing format that we had kicked around with Galveston YC some time ago.

At the time,   I tried to get a hold of the KC group and was not able to contact anybody...old trail.    It kind of ran out of gas when we couldn't muster a team together to go to Galveston last spring.   Spring of course is a difficult scheduling time of year however.   The Sept dates were discussed as an alternative date.

If I remember right,   nothing was really firm and I'm surprised that there is something in the schedule.   Perhaps it was brought up by someone at the fleet meeting in the spring that I missed.

Overall however,   the Galveston group stated that they would do this eventually, perhaps next year.     The scenario would be that we would provide the boats when they came up here and they would provide us boats when down there.   Team racing format.

--
Thomas M. Brown

From: "Trevor Haworth" <trevor at cgsusa.com>