[Sonar] Peter Galloway in town Wednesday

Bert Foster Bert at apexq.com
Sat May 12 23:26:18 UTC 2007

Hi All,
What a great week we all will have.
My Paralympic team is coming to town Tues afternoon, in time for
Terry Foster and Gordy Bowers talk at the WYC on "Sail Shape and
Trim".  Hope you all can make it.

Wednesday morning we are training at WYC with Gordy and the
team.  Can any of you make it?  Ernie and Carmella can crew for you
and Gordy can be on your boat to coach you as well as us.  This might
be just good enough to bug off work.

Wednesday afternoon about 4 or 5 we have planned to train for maybe 2
hours.  It would be even better to have a bunch of Sonars out, run
2-4 short races in the bay (like we did before for the J-22 NAs with
Gregg Fisher from North sails.  This was one of the greatest events I
have been to) and have Peter with help on a chase boat (we can use my
Century or Bailiff One) to follow the boats around the course and
have someone taking Video  (Does anybody have a Video Camera we could
use?), and then show the Video on the new Plasma TV and have Peter
comment about your sail trim, while we bring in pizza or
something.  I will also ask Gordy Bowers to come for that if he can
make it.  While Captain Hook will run in Paralympic trim, the rest of
you should fly spinnakers so you can get Peter's comments.

I know Peter is out here to doe business.  So, even if he can't get
to the club early, we could do the race thing, take the video and get
him on the water when he gets here.

We need;
    * to meet at the WYC at 4, if that works out for a number of you.
    * organize the drill
    * A race committee to set marks and time the starts.  Maybe 2
people.   Ernie, could you lead that.  If that doesn't work, we could
use the rabbit start system where one boat goes out on port tack and
all others go out on starboard tack by just ducking him.  Nobody can
tack until the last boat duck the rabbit.  The start line would be better.
    * We need 1 or 2 people to drive the photo boat and set and
change the marks.
    * someone to make the video work at the club
    * someone to take charge of the dinner.
Can we make this happen?  Can the FLEET CAPTAIN be in charge?

Regards,

Bert Foster, Skipper
Paralympic Team Captain Hook
19150 Park Ave