[Sonar] Captain Hook Has 2 Jibs Available

Bert Foster Bert at apexq.com
Fri Nov 9 15:01:22 UTC 2007

Hi All,
Jib 1 for sale $500
I made a mistake and ordered 3 FP (flat profile)
jibs.  So, I have an extra one for sale.  Its
been used in 3 or 4 races and is
like  new.  North makes both an FP and an AP (All
Purpose) jib.  A lot of people don't get an  FP
as they are $1,000.  However, in heavy air, it is
a close winded rocket-ship sail.  In the
Paralympics, because we have only 2 on the rail,
we get over powered at 10 or 11 knots, even with
all the flattening, twist, etc.  If the lulls are
10-11 we use the FP.  However, with 4 on the
rail, the FP would not be used until 15 to 18,
depending on how much weight you can put on the
rail.  The Sonar really wants to be sailed
"FLAT", and this sail will help you do that.

Jib 2 Free
I have a practice jib that we were given by
Ronnie Frankel at Lake Geneva.  We used it to
practice a lot.  Then when we got delivery of our
complete new set for the World Championship and
the Paralympic Trials, we used the 1 year old set
for practice and back up.  I brought the Frankel
jib home from Florida with the idea of giving it
to someone in Fleet #5 who may have a really bad
old jib and this would be a notch up for them.

Regards,
Bert Foster, Skipper
Paralympic Team Captain Hook
19150 Park Ave