[Sonar] For the kids

Howard Noreen howard.noreen at us.lawson.com
Thu Oct 25 18:28:34 UTC 2007

I think it would be great, and not just because I have two who fit the
criteria.
It makes them feel like part of the club and part of the fleet.

Let me know if you need any help.

Thanks

Howard
________________________

Howard Noreen
Director of Early Adopter Programs
________________________
Lawson Software
380 St. Peter Street
St. Paul, MN 55102-1302
Office (651)767-6209
Cell (612) 804-8498
Fax (651) 767-7209
howard.noreen at us.lawson.com
http://www.lawson.com

The information in this email is confidential. It is intended solely for
the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized.

distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
is prohibited and may be unlawful. Information contained in this email is
subject to the  terms and conditions expressed in the governing Lawson
Client agreement.

tbrown9163 at comcast.net
Sent by: sonar-bounces at lists.wyc.org
10/25/2007 01:23 PM

sonar at lists.wyc.org (Sonar List)
cc

Subject
[Sonar] For the kids

One of the things that I initiated as commodore of another nearby YC was
to give out medals at the end of the year to all those who were under the
age of 18 who participated in a race during the season.  (Joe Beckey knows
about this too)

We can buy them in bulk for about $3.00 apiece and give them to parents at
the banquet  (kids wouldn't be at the banquet generally). Or we can give
them the medals at one our no-boat regattas later where kids often come.
I'm thinking we wouldn't need more than 10 this year.   Mattie, Nate,
Jack...I'm sure there are others.

We gave a medal to Mike Misk's daughter about 5 years ago when Mike bought
his boat and started sailing with the kids and now she's an up and coming
H.S. champion.   I can't say that its the medal that did it,  but it
certainly didn't hurt.

This way the kids,  the future of the fleet really, get something even if
they're not at the banquet.

If the fleet is willing to do this...I can get the medals.

--
Thomas M. Brown