[Sonar] Sonar Party at Bert's ????

Bert Foster Bert at apexq.com
Thu Apr 3 14:05:55 UTC 2008

Hi All,
Lets have an early spring party.  Carmella and I are home (no China)
until we go to Rye NY to defend our North American Championship in
early June.   We could have it here April 19.  WHAT DO YOUTH THINK?

The crew of Captain Hook wants to continue racing disabled Sonar
events, defending in NY and Chicago this summer and in FL next
winter.  Captain Hook is a world class boat and we don't want to put
VC-17 on it and put it into Minnetonka where the bottom could get
fouled and the boat gain weight.  So, I bought Henry's #24 to sail at
the WYC.  Ernie and I will rename it Sesame Street, but "no two"
please.  Ernie , Carmella and I will race Thurs. and Sunday, so, we
need a crew.  Carmella will helm with Ernie coaching on Saturdays,
mostly training  women newer to sailboat racing.

I  already have a spare mast that I  bought from Rick Doerr in
January (he's going to China with 2 new masts) and brought it home on
Captain Hook.  We need to fix the chain plates, keel swing and rig it
with right stuff.  It may not be completed until after we get back in
mid June.  So, I'm available to helm and coach Sonars in May.

Regards,
Bert

Bert Foster, Skipper
Paralympic Team Captain Hook