[Sonar] An idea for the fall Sonar regatta name

tbrown9163 at comcast.net tbrown9163 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 6 13:54:36 UTC 2008

The "Frostbite Falls International Sonar Regatta"

We can claim International status because the Canadians are already expressing interest in coming down for it.

The logo would obviously include some depiction of Rocky and Bullwinkle silhouetted against a Sonar sail plan etc.

Any other ideas?

--
Thomas M. Brown
~~~~~~~_/) ~ _/)~~~~~~

From: tbrown9163 at comcast.net

Sounds like there is a lot of enthusiasm for this!   I've already spoken with Dutch Bull (the Capri side) and he is thrilled that we'll be part of the event.

A few basic decisions should be made so I can get the ball rolling promotion wise:

1.  Regatta name.    Its much easier to promote something if it has a name and also it will lose identity if it doesn't have a separate name from the Capri gig.    e.g.  Minnesota Cup,   1st Annual Northland Sonar Invitational,  etc. etc.  Any good ideas?    I can make up a logo which is also beneficial for promotional purposes.

2. Awards.   What do we want to do?    A single travelling trophy  (good idea I think) with small keepers.    I think we need to have something though.    If we go with a travelling trophy,  we need to probably get this designed and built pretty quick.   Bill Hooper makes a very nice trophy for about $500.  Do we want to go that way?   Should we use fleet funds for that?

3. Boat availability.    We will need to make 'some' boats available for those crews coming from away.   I'll let mine go if I can hop on with somebody so there's one but I think we'll need 4 boats.

--
Thomas M. Brown

From: Bert Foster <Bert at apexq.com>