[Sonar] Fleet Mtg. minutes (draft)

Martin Fossen martyfossen at yahoo.com
Mon May 19 02:27:51 UTC 2008

Hello fleet 5,

Feel free to offer corrections, clarifications, additions to these minutes.  This secretary thing is not my strong suit.

'08 Officers
Fleet Captain   Chris Fittipaldi
Treasurer         Mark Kochendorfer
Secretary         Marty Fossen

Boats represented at meeting:
Amity
Tally Ho
Finns Up
Encore
Sonyar
Liberty
Ship Weck
370
Zataway
Surly Angel
Gusto

Boats not represented but, I believe, in the fleet this year
Presto
Azor
Happy Hours
Captain Hook

Dues:
Last year only a couple paid dues.  It was agreed to that last year's dues would be collected as well as this years.  Please pay Mark K. $20 for this year and, if you didn't pay last year, that $20 also.

Schedule:
6/7   Lonar         3rd Big Island         "Libations" to follow
                       Back-up day 4th Big Island, 6/21

ADA   6/14-15   Invitations to be extended to Canadians, Genevans, KCns.
          Who offered to do this?

8/3   Sonars and Ensigns to host B-series Party 8/3
        Warren, once again, offered to arrange food
           but asked for solid volunteering for staffing, helping, clean-up, etc.

Lake Geneva Great Lakes Regional Regatta.
      They want to accomodate our preference for dates if possible.
      It was agreed we'd ask for the event to be the weekend of 9/20-21
          which is the weekend of WYC Fall Regatta

Possibly a Local Sonar Regatta in conjuntion with Capri event weekend of 9/26-28 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)  potentially 7 races.
I believe Mark K. and Ernie B. offered to work on this.