[Sonar] Minutes - WYC Sonar Fleet 5 meeting 4/19/09

Martin Fossen martyfossen at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 20 21:13:13 CDT 2009

Hello Fleet 5,

In attendance:

Ernest Brody     24
Duane and Sara Olmstead 25
Tom Brown 40
Dave Olson 41
Dan Hollinger 69 Head Up Head Down
Chuck and Cheryl Bangasser 159
John Graves  231
Mark Kochendorfer  239
Warren and Paula Weck 311
Becca Lundberg and JR Rainaldi 371
Chris Fittapaldi 370
Marty and Kathy Fossen  391
John and Liz Sligh  464
Bert and Carmella Foster  757

Not in attendance but on the roster:

Joe Becky 22
Howard and Jill Noreen 113
Allan Green 200

There were numerous other people there as well and Chris fed us all really well.  Thanks you very much Chris.  Here briefly are "minutes" for those who were unable to attend.  Those who did attend, please let me know what needs to be added or amended.:

Mark Kochendorfer has added to the Sonar section of the WYC.org site.  Check it out.

Team Racing in Sheboygan in August.  See Bert's e-mail for info.  Numerous people are interested.  Payment secures a spot.  Extra people beyond nine people might fill in on Winnipeg team if they don't fill.

See WYC.org about "Morning Light" event.

Lonar - 3rd Big Island 6/20. No normal Sonar Big Island race that day.
        4th BI 6/27 is a backup if 6/20 cancels.

Star of the North Regatta 9/18,19,20  Capris and Sonars, S2s unlikely due to out of town S2 event.

2011 Sonar NAs at Wayzata approved.  September, dates pending.

Area K Sears Cup qualifier (youth championship),
Howard Noreen is helping coordinate and will be asking to borrow Sonars (they carry insurance)

Chris Fittapaldi is bowing out as Fleet Captain.  Mark K agreed to step-up so he is now Fleet Captain.  Marty Fossen "ascends" to treasurer.  Sara Olmstead agreed to become Secretary.

As my last secretary task, in the coming week I'll put together the schedule for who gets which Sunday for the post-race Sonar Snack.

Mark has collected dues from some. $20/boat.  As your new treasurer, perhaps I'll be pursuing those yet to pay.

Mark offered a treasurer's report but I failed to take notes on it.  I remember that there's a balance, plus pins for sale, a couple shirts?, and Bert has WYC burgee tattoos that could be sold to raise a few bucks.

As of Sunday, I believe there were more Sonars in the water than boats of any other fleet.  Let's play.