[Sonar] Sheboygan Team Racing Invitational Clinic and Regatta

Bert Foster Bert at apexq.com
Thu Apr 23 15:10:09 CDT 2009

Hi WYC Fleet #5 Sailors,

There is no time when checks are due.  The first 9 WYC checks get the
9 WYC team positions.  Any WYC checks after that will  be used to
fill in the expected unfilled spots in the Canadian team.  If we
don't have 18 checks by May 31th we will open spots up to WYC non
Sonar sailors and others.

If you want to do this, Send me a check (19150 Park Ave, Wayzata, MN
55391) for $133 USD payable to the Sail Sheboygan, Ltd.  When I get
the 18 checks, I will send them to Sail Sheboygan.  We then will have
2 teams, 6 boats, and 18 sailors.

The $500 damage deposit required by each skipper isn't due until
registration and can be a credit card number or a check.  If no
damage, check is returned.

Attached is the just completed NOR

Attached is the excel spreadsheet of the sailors who have expressed
an interest + those who have paid.  For the WYC team A, I have shown
Captain Hook as boat # 1 as its outfitted for David Burdette and
me.  WYC Boat 2 & 3 will be organized by WYC Fleet #5.

Attached is Rev A of my previous write up.

The Canadian Yachting Association, CYA, are our friends from
Winnipeg.  If they can't fill a 9 sailor team we will have WYC Sonar
sailors fill in.

If we can't fill the 18 sailor spots needed for the two teams with
Sonar sailors, we will fill in with non-Sonar sailors.

Detroit is not interested because their team racers are all 25-30
year old former college team racers who know how to team race, love
team racing in 420s and other dinghies, but don't want to go to a
clinic to learn how to team race in Sonars.

Regards,

Bert Foster, Skipper
Paralympic Team Captain Hook
19150 Park Ave